Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sitting in the Corner of the Sandbox!


Once again frustration - this time entirely my own fault and nothing to do with the Web or anyone or anything related to it. I had just got all excited about wikis despite my natural caution in relation to random information being bandied about, had just entered myself quite happily onto our own wiki, and had just decided to play in the sandbox at the invitation of Quizzy Lizzy and SoandSo, when I tried to be Smarter than Jack!!!!! Upon being asked for the year of my birth, I tried to be funny and entered 2008! Well, I did think that rather funny at the time, except of course that the wiki just doesn't have a sense of humour, does it? I was immediately rapped shortly and sharply over the knuckles, sent to sit in the corner of the sandbox, and refused permission to play! I have thrown myself at the mercy of our clever leaders and hope that this humiliating error of judgement will be within the realms of repair. Sigh! Was this a Freudian slip on my part, or a message from the virtual world encouraging me to quit while I'm still marginally ahead and to just get on with reading instead?

Who will ever know?