It is all very hit and miss, but here I still am despite all my misgivings and frustrations regarding the time needed to waft around all these sites. I now have a gmail address, a yahoo address, and a flikr address, not to mention my personal ones. Who would have thought it? My kids are going to be most impressed! I am most impressed. Or is that depressed?
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I eventually, by trial and error managed to upload a picture of the library taken in 2004 AND even created the link! Wow! I don't know if I'll be able to do it again, but as soon as I have a few moments to spare (after doing the week's exercises and all the exercises that follow), I'll give it a go.
I do see that these sites can be of value depending on what one wants to use them for. I would certainly consider using flickr to sort and store 5 generations of photographs to keep them safe for posterity. I have only one question to ask anyone out there who reads this, will they live in outer space forever, or is there a time limit to their existence - does their existence depend on the lifespan of the site? Imagine going to all that trouble only to have them disappear into thin (or thick) air!
As I keep saying, "who will ever know?"

