Friday, August 22, 2008

Library Thing


Oh, you Wild Thing, you Library Thing!!! Yes!!!

Now here is something I could really get addicted to - keeping lists of books I have read! Wow! There are two things I am really good at, and those are reading and making lists. What can I say? They are gifts!

I already have a list of 1900 books, consisting of both Fiction and Non-Fiction, on Microsoft Office XL, but this site would do all the hard work for me when trying to remember who wrote what when I can only remember a title or an author. I already have huge fun hunting for forgotten treasures on Amazon, but now Library Thing can do it for me!!! I love it!!!

I checked out the Early Reviewing site, but once again became overwhelmed at the sheer volume. If I read all that when would I find time to read the books?

I wouldn't mind becoming an Early Reviewer if we could do that in New Zealand, and I will most definitely make use of Name That Book because I read a very well written and hysterically funny book approximately 20 years ago about a cat that saved a church and went to heaven where animals weren't allowed with the result that God and the Devil entered into the most hilarious debates on the pros and cons of the situation via emails - have tried to find it since but without success.

Once we have completed all these exercises, I'll go back to browse and make use of this particular site.

Click here