
I used AccessScience to successfully Bookmark "Population Growth" as well as adding a graph "Projected Population Growth" to My Saved Images. This is a really useful tool for keeping track of the various stages of a search so that you don't have to keep on going back to hunt for a previous search thereby saving valuable time. Students will really appreciate this effective and user friendly approach to finding information.
Using Proquest I set up a Search Alert for Leonardo da Vinci a couple of weeks ago and am getting updates regularly.
The RSS Feed started to raise my blood pressure because I couldn't get it onto Bloglines. Then I remembered the short cut I discovered when doing the 23 Things. RSS Feeds can be put directly onto your Favorites without having to use Bloglines if you are having a problem with it.
1. In the Proquest topic you have chosen, create your RSS Feed. The message "Your Proquest Feed has been created" will come up on the screen.
2. Click onto the little RSS Feed icon at the end of the http address which will take you to "Subscribe to this Feed."
3. Click onto "Add to Favourites Bar" and voila there it is happily saved along with all your other millions of favourites. You can even create folders to keep related topics together.
Both the Search Alerts and RSS Feeds are excellent methods of keeping tabs on any topic that is updated regularly e.g. Global Warming and all the sub topics related to this hot topic!

