Sunday, December 13, 2009

Readers and Book Lovers

I chose Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand,



Shalimar the Clown by Salmon Rushdie,



and Disgrace by J M Coetzee



and found very little on the few free sites that I visited. I don't want to join any more online sites, nor do I have a desire to join any Book Clubs, so I will forgo the pleasure of spending endless hours online finding out what other people think of books that I have enjoyed. I did have a look at what some of the sites recommended as similar reading and was somewhat disappointed at the results with the exception of Amazon Recommends and Library Thing, as well as What Should I Read Next, Google Books and Books on Blippr where there were some reviews and recommendations, some of which were obvious, but there are a few unknown to me that I will pursue. I will however recommend these sites to patrons who are interested in joining book clubs etc.