
As a fan of Google Docs from the original exercises we did, I entered into this exercise with great enthusiam, finding to my astonishment that not only did I do it, but that Google Docs acknowledged it without my doing a thing and then informed me that I had automatically saved an editable copy online at Google Docs. It won't be long now before the computers take over from us - and not a moment too soon - maybe they will do a better job with our poor beleagured planet!
I started by opening the HTML link and then converted it to a Word document. There were no graphics in the original document, the image only appeared after conversion. The bullets changed from black dots to a colourful plus-like sign with a yellow, blue and red aura! The Bold and Italics were still in place and the font had changed from large to slighly smaller, 2 pts by the looks of it. The table stayed the same.
This is a really useful tool because patrons often want to convert files from older Microsoft products, PDF files, HTML links etc. - myself included.
"Best of all Google Docs allows you to:
Create and edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations online, from anywhere you have Internet access.
Share documents with others, even collaborating on the same document at once, in real time.
Know that your documents are safe. Since your content is stored on Google's secure servers, even if something happens to your hard drive, your documents are protected." Quote taken from the email received from Google Docs.
I will take some time to play around with this and also have a look at some of the other file converters, but I will in all probability stick with Google Docs because it is uncomplicated and user friendly (and has promised to do my dishes for me!)

