There are some sites that just drive me crazy with frustration. This exercise has been one of those. I have fiddled around for two hours without much success. I liked the layout of Podcastpickle.com, joined and found nothing that I could actually look at or hear, just lots of advertisements to sell DVD's etc. I must admit that I am impatient and didn't bother to waste too much time trying to find out how to get into the various things.
I had more luck with Yahoo Audio Search, typed in David Whyte, clicked onto Audio Search, found a list of all his poems etc and clicked onto "Midlife and the Great Unknown," got his profile and a link to bring up the radio link which I listened to with great pleasure, but of course it is only a small part of the whole as one has to buy the DVD to listen to the whole thing.
There was no RSS feed, so was unable to include that in my homework.
I am not entirely sure what the value of podcasting is to me or to libraries, other than to provide lists of books, DVDs, CD's etc for previewing prior to purchasing. Advertising appears to be the name of the podcasting game!
I am sure there is more to it than that, but at the moment my interest just isn't sufficiently engaged.
Click here

